Board Effectiveness Program
This one day program is designed to meet the needs of members of governing boards within universities and colleges and
Overall this highly customizable program will consider the following aspects:
- Role of various boards, shareholders, management and various committees of the board
- Board responsibilities and challenges
- Paradoxes facing boards
- Framework for board’s effectiveness
- Conducting self-assessment
- Regulatory compliance and reporting
- Case studies and examples
- Leading change for institutionalizing sound governance
The program is based on the premise that there is no one ‘right’ or ‘best’ way for boards to operate—rather, each board must develop practices that suit their particularities and unique context; hence as participants will have the opportunity to examine the latest thinking on the internal function of Governance boards within the context of higher education and will discover how to enhance and focus your own board’s efforts.
This program intended at Governing Board members from either public or private Higher Education Institutions and members of the Executive Management. Deans and Directors of QA and Institutional Effectiveness or officers in charge of overseeing institutional governance may also find the program of interest.