9th of October- Dubai| The International Leadership Advisory Board of the Center for Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (CLICKS) held its second annual meeting on Tuesday the 7th of October.
The meeting which took place virtually, was attended by the majority of the board members including the Chair of the Board Prof. Sultan T. Abu-Orabi Aladwan, Secretary General of the Arab Association of Universities in Jordan and the Vice Chair Dr. Larry Johnson, CEO, New Media Consortium in the USA.
The Board’s meeting aimed at reviewing CLICKS’ progress and accomplishments in accordance to its approved strategic plan 2012-2016 and discussed future directions and activities for the coming period. The Board received a Progress Report ahead of the meeting on the activities and accomplishments of the Center during the past period. The report also highlighted key challenges encountered by the Center and strategies to overcome them as well as future plans.
The meeting started by a welcoming and introduction, followed by opening remarks by both the Chair and Vice Chair and a presentation by the CEO of CLICKS, Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou on the progress of the Center during the January to August, 2014 period. After the presentation discussions took place and a number of suggestions and recommendations were made. All these recommendations and suggestions will be considered and carefully studied by the Center during the coming few weeks. Overall, the feedback was extremely positive and offered plenty of idea for further improvements and development. The meeting was concluded by a set of actions agreed upon and closing remarks by chair of the Board.
Additionally, members of the Board unanimously agreed on the need for more frequent meetings to take place and decided on holding three meetings (every 4 months) per year as oppose as having only one meeting a year. The recommendation came out of interest and belief that it is important at this stage of the Center’s life to maintain regular and ongoing feedback and communication with the Board.
It is worth to mention that CLICKS’s International Leadership Advisory Board was formed in early 2013 and comprises 11 international highly qualified experts from 7 different countries including:
- Prof. Sultan T. Abu-Orabi Aladwan, Chair of the Advisory Board, Secretary General, Association of Arab Universities, Jordan.
- Dr. Larry Johnson, Vice Chair of the Advisory Board, CEO, New Media Consortium, U.S.A.
- Prof. M Badr Aboul-Ela, Executive Director, Commission for Academic Accreditation, UAE; Vice-President, Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education, Egypt.
- Prof. Dr. Jan Sadlak, President, IREG Observatory on Academic Ranking and Excellence, France.
- Prof. Nadia Badrawi, Vice President, Arab Network for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (ANQAHE), Egypt.
- Prof. David Baker, Former Deputy Chair, Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), UK.
- Dr. Julie K. Little, Vice President, Teaching, Learning, and Professional Development Educause, U.S.A.
- Prof. Nicholas H. Allen, Provost Emeritus and Collegiate Professor, University of Maryland University College (UMUC), U.S.A.
- Prof. Tian Belawati, Rector, Universitas Terbuka, Indonesia; President of the Executive Committee, (ICDE), Norway
- Prof. Jeff Michelman, Associate Dean and Director of the Honors Program at the University of North Florida, U.S.A.
- Dr. Kathleen S. Ives, Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director, Online Learning Consortium, U.S.A.
The Leadership Advisory Board members play an active role in providing sound advice and guidance that help shape and continuously grow the Center’s vision and support the achievement of its strategic goals.