- About Us
- Our Expertise
- Collaborations & Affiliations
- Events & Awards
- Affiliated Websites
The Association of Arab Universities is a non-governmental organization that has an independent legal character. Its membership includes 400 Arab Universities at the present time. AARU's was established in 1964 upon a resolution issued by the Arab League. A temporary Secretariat General was formed in Cairo, Egypt. In 1969, permanent Secretariat General was designated. Its permanent headquarters has been in Amman since 1984, the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan.
What is the Mission of AARU?
The mission of AARU aims at "Assisting and coordinating the efforts of Arab Universities to prepare capable graduates who can serve their Arab communities and preserve its unified culture and civilization, as well as to assist in developing its natural resources."
1. Vision of AArU
AARU is the platform for Arab higher education institutions who aim to strengthen, reinforce the quality of, and transform higher education and research to address challenges and realize prosperous future for their graduates.
2. Mission of AArU
AArU facilitates and supports Arab Universities and higher education stakeholders in the development of state-of-the-art transformational solutions to prepare graduates who master the knowledge and competencies needed in strengthening and serving their national and regional communities; and in integrating globally to address shared challenges and produce impactful results. In this respect, AARU focuses on mobilizing knowledge production and exchange, joint research, and partnerships over collective actions; strengthening the capacities of university systems and staff; empowering student communities; and impacting policies related to universities and higher education.
3. Goals of AArU
The following six goals have been agreed to be the focus for the upcoming period 2019-2030:
1. Establish AArU as the Unique Platform for Arab higher education institutions and stakeholders to access state-of-the-art knowledge and information on higher education and research in the Arab region and around the world, define and discuss priority issues, develop partnerships, and initiate collective actions on education and research with the aim of strengthening their institutions, outcomes and impact.
2. Promote and facilitate the development and strengthening of partnerships among Arab Universities and stakeholders and the collaboration with counterpart associations and institutions at the inter-regional and global level to collaborate on joint research projects, knowledge exchange and production, develop capacities and improve university research and education systems and deliverables, in a way to realize complementarity among these universities.
3. Promote and facilitate the direction towards transformational learning and multi-disciplinary approaches within universities, advising on the reform of structure and contents within universities, as needed, and facilitating the development of organizational and staff capacities to equip the students with the knowledge and intellectual, business and social competencies needed to contribute positively to the development of their societies and to meeting the global challenges.
4. Broaden and strengthen the implementation of quality assurance and accreditation systems and the cross-regional and international recognition of Arab Universities’ awarded degrees.
5. Promote, support and facilitate research, knowledge production and innovation within and among universities to produce solutions for regional and shared global challenges.
6. Strengthen AArU governance and secretariat to enable the
Association to perform and realize its reviewed mission, goals
and expected outcomes and impact.
We work with thousands of universities and business schools across the world to share knowledge and provoke the kind of debate that leads to positive change. We are a family business passionate about people and doing things differently.
For over 50 years, championing fresh thinking has been at the heart of the Emerald business. Our goal is to help those in academia or people in practice work together to make a positive change in the real world.
Therefore, we are delighted to be a founding signatory of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) Publishers Compact, publishing books and journals that will help inform, develop, and inspire action toward a better society and creating Real Impact.
The AAU is Africa’s apex higher education organization of over four hundred universities and a critical lynchpin organization that brings coherence to the development of African universities. The Association collaborates with institutions with whom they share common objectives in advancing higher education and strengthening their human and institutional capacities to respond to societal needs.
The AAU’s niche is in its networking and enjoys a unique capacity for convening most of the higher education community in Africa to reflect and consult on key issues affecting education on the continent. The thrust of its base is the nimble deploying of advocacy, commissioning of studies, and acting and becoming the clearing house and intelligence arm for these higher education institutions on the continent.
UNIMED - Mediterranean Universities Union, founded in October 1991, is an association of Universities from Mediterranean basin countries (www.uni-med.net). It counts 140 associated Universities coming from 23 countries of both shores of Mediterranean (data updated to December 2021).
UNIMED’s aim is to develop university research and education in the Euro-Mediterranean area in order to contribute to scientific, cultural, social and economic cooperation. Through the many initiatives carried out over two decades, UNIMED has promoted collaboration between the universities of the Mediterranean, becoming a point of reference of international university cooperation.
The image that best represents our association is that of a University without Walls.
THE ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITIES OF ASIA AND THE PACIFIC, (AUAP)
(AUAP) is an association of university chief executives from higher education institutions in Asia Pacific and around the world. AUAP was founded and established by representatives of universities in the Asia and Pacific region assembled in conference at Suranaree University of Technology, Nakhon Ratchasima, Thailand, on 28 July 1995 to be the voice of the universities in the Asia and Pacific region on matters that affect them. www.auap.sut.ac.th
The European Organization for Quality, EOQ, is an autonomous, non-profit making association under Belgian law, founded in 1956 and having its permanent headquarters in Brussels/Belgium. At that time the founding organizations came from five western European Countries: France, Italy, Western Germany, Netherlands, and United Kingdom. Today, EOQ has 24 National Representative member organizations from all over Europe and several other categories of members.
EOQ’s vision - Europe’s leading promoter of Quality, by extending its sphere of influence through entire Europe and beyond.
EOQ’s five-year ambition (till 2025):
EOQ is the go-to organization regarding quality
EOQ is a key contributor to make Quality top of mind in Europe
EOQ’s mission - Improve European society through the promotion of Quality in its broadest sense. EOQ’s success relies on its members who are the operators of the organization.
Together – All parts of the business, everyone counts, everyone contributes
Simplify – Simplify: all we do, who does what, strategies and plans
Pragmatic – Don’t reinvent the wheel, dealing with things realistically, focus on goals
Make things happen - We deliver!
In line with its five strategic focus areas, EOQ develops and delivers to its members and customers, products and activities like:
Providing an information and communication network for EOQ members through the annual EOQ congresses, webinars, roundtables, European Quality Week and publications
EOQ awards - European Quality Leader, EOQ Georges Borel medal
Actively cooperating with Quality involved organizations (ISO, ISO-Casco, EA, IAF, IPC, WAQ, a.s.o.) and similar organizations from all over the world (ASQ/USA, JUSE/Japan, IAQ/International)
Developing EOQ normative documents internationally recognized
EOQ recognition of competence and registration of certified professionals
The European Quality Trademark (EQTM) – registration of products with European origin and manufactured by companies that are able to continually sustain the agreed quality.
EOQ recognition of trainings and qualification recognitions (European Qualification Recognition – EQR)
EOQ acts to reach its vision whereby EOQ’s name becomes synonymous with excellence, innovation, honor, integrity and outstanding quality and service.
Portuguese Association for Quality (APQ), founded in 1969, is a membership based not for profit organisation, recognized as a Public Utility Institution in 1984, and its purpose is to promote Quality and Business Excellence in Portugal.
APQ mission is to add value to its members and to contribute to the sustained development of the Portuguese society, through creation and spreading of knowledge and promotion of innovative practices in the field of Quality and Business Excellence.
APQ headquarters is located in Lisbon and has four regional delegations distributed in strategic areas across the country: North, South, Azores and Madeira Islands. This allows a considerable geographic covering and, consequently, a greater approach to its members, organisations, other economic agents and the wider
With about 1000 members, organizations and individuals, APQ is widely recognised by its activity, both nationally and internationally. APQ has access to best practice organisations and benchmarking information in Portugal and tries to ensure that Portuguese organisations get access to the right information, tools and best practices. In order to deliver maximum benefit to the members and the wider community, APQ panoply of services is wide, and APQ seeks to improve it constantly, focusing on customers and market demands.
The main services are:
- Training activities (in-company and open-market, covering the different management systems, self- assessment tools, innovation, sustainability and related areas).
- EFQM Levels of Excellence (European recognition system).
- EQTM Trademark (EOQ recognition of European industrial products).
- EQUASS Certification (social services).
- Standardization Body (Quality management, accreditation bodies, risk management, security and governance of organizations).
- International connexions:
- EOQ – National Representative of the European Organization for Quality.
- EFQM – National Partner of the European Foundation for Quality Management.
- FUNDIBEQ – Associated National Organization (ONA) of the Iberoamerican Foundation for Quality Management (FUNDIBEQ).
- ASQ – World Partner of the American Society for Quality.
- EPR – National License Holder of the European Platform for Rehabilitation.
The Saudi Quality Council is considered one of the professional, voluntary and non-profit initiatives for Quality and Itqan Endowment, the Council has played an important role in supporting the quality process in Saudi Arabia and spreading the culture of quality and its modern applications in all sectors of society and perhaps one of the most important successes of the Council in this context is the great role contributed by the Saudi Quality Council, its members and those who are responsible for the efforts of more than 27 years in spreading the message of quality and its Latest concepts in the community and awareness The importance of developing standards and programs for quality control and the need to establish national quality awards to motivate organizations and employees alike, where he contributed at the end of the 1990s to support the launch of the King Abdulaziz National Quality Award and the start of its effectiveness, as this event is considered one of the most important achievements that was the result of the great efforts made by the Council and those interested in the issue of quality in the Kingdom recognizing the role of the award in contributing to supporting economic growth in Saudi Arabia .