Date: 6th January, 2021
Time: 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME | 11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee : 99 usd
The global educational landscape has witnessed over past few months’ significant changes in its operations due to sudden and rapid shift towards remote and online education as to promote the continuity of learning during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Universities and colleges all over the world are under pressure to transition from emergency remote learning to more meaningful and engaging quality learning experiences.
Online and blended education has become more than ever widespread that is expected to continue beyond the pandemic. Higher Education Intuitions (HEIs) across the globe has embraced online learning with different degrees of maturity and will need more than ever to ensure the highest level of quality is maintained not only for its programs and courses but for the overall student experience.
HEIs will need to revisit their current QA systems and practices to ensure they are ‘fit-for- purpose’ to address this new type of learning. Online/ blended learning will need to be integrated as part of the overall strategy for the institution’s and will need to give attention to curriculum design, course design, teaching practices, the production of instructional materials, the preparation of faculty members to teaching online and student support among other areas.
During this four-hour webinar; participants will explore the various dimensions when evaluating the quality of online education and will get familiar with the existing frameworks and models and how these may be used as benchmarks. Special emphasis will be given to the quality of programs and courses. Participants will also be immersed in thinking about articulating/ revising their strategies, policies and plans for online delivery and will reflect on their current QA practices and determine their suitability for this new form of learning.
By the end of the webinar participants should be able to:
- Understand online and blended learning in the context of quality and quality assurance
- Identify key issues and evidences for quality and quality assurance in online education
- Determine the various quality dimensions for online education in the specific context of their institution
- Comprehend the various existing frameworks and models for evaluating the quality of online programs and courses
- Develop an integrated approach to strengthening quality assurance for online and blended learning
- Reflect on institutional current QA practices and make adjustments as deemed necessary
- Understanding different forms of technology enabled education
- Understanding the Difference between Emergency Remote Teaching and Well – Designed Online Learning
- Quality and QA Issues in Online Education
- Quality Domains and Indicators in Online Education
- Quality Assurance of Online Programs: Evaluation Criteria & Benchmarks
- Existing Quality Models and Frameworks for Online Education
- Developing integrated quality systems for online education
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in developing technology enabled programs as well as those overseeing the quality of programs and services included those delivered remotely whether fully online or blended. This include
- Vice Presidents for Academic Affairs/ Provosts
- Deans and Heads of Academic Departments
- Directors and staff working in QA, Institutional Effectiveness and Accreditation, Accreditation Offices
- Directors and staff working in Student Services and Academic Support Deanships and Units
Webinar Facilitator Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou, UAE
Founder and CEO of the Center of Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions [CLICKS]