In this engaging webinar, participants will dive into the fascinating concept of AI and the use of metaverse and its potential applications in higher education. The online workshop will start by providing participants with a generic overview of artificial intelligence and its applications in higher education. It will cover the fundamental concepts of AI, including machine learning, deep learning, and natural language processing. provide a comprehensive introduction to the metaverse, including its definition, key characteristics, and the enabling technologies behind it. Participants will discover the numerous benefits of incorporating the metaverse into higher education and learning and teaching in more specific, such as enhanced learning experiences, immersive simulations, and personalized learning environments. They will also explore the challenges and considerations in implementing the metaverse, including those related to infrastructure requirements, the need to rethink pedagogy, privacy and security concerns, and ethical considerations.
Through interactive activities, demonstrations, and group discussions, participants will develop strategies for successfully integrating the metaverse into their learning and teaching and beyond and explore various use cases in virtual classrooms, simulations, field trips, career fairs, and gamified learning experiences.
Participants will be engaged between the two sessions with some self-paced activities.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- Understand AI and how it can be applied to support various functions and activities of higher education institutions.
- Explore how to leverage the potential of metaverse in higher education and discuss associated pros and cons.
- Identify and evaluate the benefits of using the metaverse in learning and teaching, including enhanced learning experiences, immersive simulations, global collaboration, and personalized learning environments.
- Recognize the challenges and considerations associated with implementing the metaverse in higher education and how to overcome them.
- Integrate the use of technology to improve your academic advising practice and to flip your advising approach
- Develop strategies for integrating the metaverse into higher education institutions, including planning for adoption, collaboration with technology providers, infrastructure development, training initiatives, and impact assessment.
- Apply learning experience design to create engaging and effective learning experiences.
- Explore various use cases of the metaverse in higher education, including virtual classrooms, simulations, field trips, career fairs, and gamified learning experiences.
Session (1) Getting Started with AI and the use of Metaverse
- An overview of AI
- Uses of AI in Higher Education
- What is XR and the different spectrums of virtuality
- Definition and characteristics of the metaverse Key technologies enabling the metaverse
- Benefits and Use of the Metaverse in Higher Education
- Overview of existing metaverse platforms and applications
Session (2) Building Meaningful Learning Experience using Metaverse
- The use of Metaverse to enhance the learning experiences and engagement
- Use cases of the metaverse in virtual classrooms, field trips, simulations, career fairs, etc.
- Immersive simulations and virtual laboratories
- Personalized and adaptive learning environments
- Other uses of Metaverse in HE (i.e. Global collaboration and networking opportunities)
Session (3) Challenges and Considerations in Implementing the Metaverse
- Technical infrastructure and accessibility requirements
- Privacy and security concerns
- Re-thinking the pedagogy of teaching and learning
- Integration with existing educational systems and curriculum
- Ethical considerations in the metaverse
- Other context specific challenges
- Strategies to overcome these Challenges
Session (4) Strategies for Implementing the Metaverse in Higher Education
- Planning and strategizing for metaverse adoption
- Designing the Learning Experience in Metaverse
- Collaboration with technology providers and partners
- Building a supportive infrastructure
- Training educators and students on metaverse tools and platforms
- Evaluating and measuring the impact of metaverse integration
The webinar may be of interest to:
- University administrators wanting to explore the use of AI in their institutions
- Deans of Colleges
- Deans of Student Affairs
- Directors and Heads of Departments of Digital Transformation Units and Teaching and Learning Centers