Date: 17th October, 2020
Time: 08:00 AM – 12:00 PM GMT TIME | 12:00 PM – 16:00 PM UAE TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee : 99 USD
It is widely acknowledged that institutions of higher education are facing a host of strategic and operational risks. Yet, risk management practices in many institutions appear to be significantly less developed or mature than the corporate sector. This may be that universities’ governance arrangements and processes make it more difficult to implement institution-wide risk management practice. However, the unfolding COVID-19 pandemic that started early this year is pushing institutions of higher education to embrace risk management as one of the key tools to help re-think and reshape their strategies for survival and sustainability. The pandemic has further compounded risks already faced by higher education including rising costs, uncertainty about government funding and endowment, and the changing landscape of learning and learners. This webinar will help higher education leaders discuss simple but critical questions: What is our mission (sense of purpose)? What is the strategy to achieve it? What are the risks that might impede the achievement of the mission? How is the institution prepared to manage and successfully mitigate these risks?
This webinar will provide the participants with step-by-step applications of risk management in higher education supported by hands-on risk assessment and analysis tools, techniques and cases. Participants will be given opportunities to discuss their experience in managing risks and how to overcome the challenges to effectively deploy risk management activities and build an institution-wide risk-aware culture.
By the end of the webinar participants should be able to:
- Understand the steps involved in the risk management process;
- Discuss the governance arrangement needed to support the implementation of risk management effectively;
- Learn the concept of risk appetite and how to apply it to inform critical decisions and actions; and
- Reflect on the pitfalls of implementing risk management in higher education
- Learn through examples and case studies how higher education institutions have successfully embraced risk management as a standard practice.
- Understanding risk and risk management in the context of higher education
- The risk management process: Key steps and outcomes
- Integrating risk management with planning and quality assurance
- Risk management governance arrangement
- Developing risk appetite
- Developing the risk register
- Tracking and reporting progress in mitigating risks
Mr. Mokhtar Benhadria, Malaysia
Mr Mokhtar Benhadria, Malaysia is the Head of Quality Assurance Division at International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance (INCEIF), Kuala Lumpur