Date: 6th October, 2021
Time: 11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee: 99 USD
As we enter the second decade of the 21st Century the need to maximize the effectiveness and impact of the university experience has never been greater. The productive utilization of higher education resources demands that all sectors of the university work together in mutually beneficial partnerships working toward the creation of high impact student engagement. The pandemic has put additional pressures on higher education, challenging both academic and student affairs to utilize technology to maintain connection with students thereby adding new layers of complexity to an already diverse field. Secure, safe, efficient, effective bridges spanning the oft too unconnected domains of academic and student affairs need to be constructed. This presentation will create opportunities to explore the need for such partnerships as well as provide suggestions on how such structures can be created and sustained.
- Past, present and future of student and academic affairs partnerships.
- The cultural context of higher education and its influence on the development of student and academic affairs partnerships.
- Review of technology apps to enhance student engagement.
- A multi-dimensional framework of high-impact practices that encourages student engagement with learning, teaching, other students, teachers and staff, research, and with the community.
Who is this Webinar for?
- Academic and Student Affairs Leadership Personnel
- Academic Affairs Teaching and Support Staff
- Student Affairs Professional and Support Staff
James E. Groccia
Professor Emeritus of Higher Education, Auburn University in Alabama, USA