Date: 31st March, 2021
Time: 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee : 99 USD
There has been an increasing shift towards online learning by universities, colleges and schools amid COVID-19 as to promote the continuity of learning in different parts of the globe. eLearning has become more than ever widespread and this phenomenon is expected to continue beyond the pandemic as anticipated by many experts in the field. More specifically many institutions are considering the use of blended and flipped learning post COVID-19 as one of the ways to bring the best of face to face and online learning.
The aim of this interactive webinar is to introduce participants to the definitions and fundamental principles of online teaching, blended learning and flipped learning and offer them a range of tips and guidelines that will help them better engage students and create an exciting learning experience.
They will understand the idea behind flipped classrooms and how it can be integrated into their own classroom curriculum.
By the end of this course, participants will have a full understanding of this new method and be able to confidently implement a “Flipped Classroom” lesson
Participants will also explore how they can effectively plan their flipped course considering aspects related to course content, active learning and student engagement giving the instructor a better opportunity to deal with mixed levels, student difficulties, and differentiated learning styles during the in-class time
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to :
- Understand the main differences between teaching face to face (f2f) and teaching online, blended or in a flipped classroom
- Understand the components of a Flipped course and how to successfully implement it in class.
- Comprehend the advantages and challenges of teaching a flipped class
- Consider different possible formats and scenarios for flipping your course
- Implement active learning strategies to engage students and help them effectively achieve the course level learning outcomes
- Draft a plan for effectively flipping your course
- Learn about how to effectively manage your flipped course
Key topics discussed during the four-hour webinar will include:
- Online, Blended learning and Flipped Learning Essentials: Knowing the difference
- The Flipped Learning concept and approach
- Components of a Flipped Course and how to successfully implement it in class.
- Challenges and opportunities for flipping your course
- Various ways of delivering engaging digital learning content
- Implementing active learning strategies
- Selecting technological tools to support effective online teaching
- Ethical Standards for learning and teaching online
- Managing effectively your Flipped course
- Practical tips on how to teach online
Who is this Webinar for?
The webinar is relevant to anyone involved in delivering or overseeing online learning including:
- Educators, Faculty and Teaching Staff
- Deans and Heads of Departments
- Staff working in Teaching and Learning Centers
Dr. Melinda dela Peña Bandalaria
CLICKS’s International Associate,
Chancellor, University of the Philippines Open University, Philippines