Date: June 1st, 2023
Time: 11:00 to 15:00 UAE Time
Early Bird Fee: 100 USD (for registration fully completed prior May 1, 2023)
Webinar Fee : 125 USD (for registration after May 1, 2023)
Online Via Zoom
In most contexts around the world, women are now enrolling in higher education at similar – or even higher – rates to men. However, this does not imply that gender equality in higher education is reached. In fact, the higher education sector remains highly unequal in terms of gender leadership positions in many countries, including our region where the vast majority of senior leadership positions are still held by men, despite the clear potential that women leaders offer for the sector.
This webinar considers this phenomenon and analyzes specific barriers and opportunities facing aspiring women leaders. Several contextual issues will be considered to enable women leaders to realize their leadership potential and ensure they are better prepared for these roles. The Women Leadership webinar aims to support the empowering, strengthening and leveraging of women-specific leadership skills within the context of higher education and the region to enable them to respond to the increasing challenges they face in their workplace as well as to strategically address issues specific to women and gender equality and equity.
Throughout the session, participants will have the opportunity to reflect on their own leadership strengths and opportunities for improvement in an active learning environment. They will discuss the changing role of leadership for women academics in the region, explore opportunities and challenges, comprehend the set of required skills from the 21st Century Leader of Higher Education and gain insights into the multiple responsibilities and constituencies of their role.
By the end of the webinar participants will be able to:
- Explore different leadership styles and qualities and develop unique strengths as a woman leader
- Identify the key leadership qualities required for a successful higher education leader in the 21st century university
- Identify and develop skills and confidence to assume a leadership position in complex higher education environments Identify and address barriers and opportunities for women leaders in higher education
- Understand what is needed to support women leadership in higher education
- Adapt leadership skills and qualities to respond to complex higher education environments
- Develop strategies and tactics to succeed as an agile and resilient woman leader
- Strengthen their confidence to handle confrontation and conflict that may emerge when assuming leadership roles
- Leadership styles and approaches (self assessment)
- Self-awareness & leadership: mapping your leadership current state
- Gaining skills and confidence to lead
- Women academic leadership globally and regionally
- Qualities of women in leadership positions
- What inspires women to pursue leadership?
- Explore current issues affecting women leadership in HE
- What is needed to support women leadership in HE
- Leading in today’s complex higher education environment
- Working with multiple stakeholders and with different cultures
- Agile and resilient leadership
- Empowering women to succeed Create, cultivate and support an environment that empowers women
- Constructing strategies to succeed
- Handling confrontation and conflict with ease
- Next steps in navigating your career
Who is this Webinar for?
- Current and future leaders working in higher education from among the academic, administrative and student support services