Date: 17th March, 2021
Time: 07:00 AM – 11:00 AM GMT TIME
11:00 AM – 15:00 PM UAE TIME
4 Hours Webinar
Webinar Fee : 99 USD
An electronic porfolio (e-portfolio) or a digital portfolio is a purposeful collection of sample student work, demonstrations, and artifacts that showcase student’s learning progression, achievement, and evidence of what students can do. Digital portfolios have the potential to revolutionize the teaching and learning process through providing ways in which we can capture each student capabilities in a way that standardized tests or end-of-course summative exams simply cannot. They can be used as either a learning or assessment tool or blend of both.
In developing a portfolio, students sharpen their ability to critically reflect on their learning successes and practices, presenting themselves as knowledgeable, confident, and reflective. Also, creating an e-portfolio involves skills essential for 21st century learning – organising and planning material, giving and receiving feedback, reflecting, selecting and arranging content to communicate with a particular audience in the most effective way.
This webinar is designed with the aim of supporting faculty members and teaching staff wanting to integrate the use of digital portfolios in their teaching and learning with the necessary foundational knowledge, skills and abilities. The emphasis will be on using digital enabled portfolios rather than paper based ones; although both approaches will be highlighted.
During the webinar, participants will take an in-depth look the benefits of using digital portfolios, their different types and uses in teaching and learning; they will discuss the main components of a portfolio as well as the process of assembling one using suitable technology platforms. Participants will also learn how to guide students with selecting source of evidences, structure their digital portfolio, reflect on their artifacts and regularly review and maintain their portfolios.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to :
- Understand the benefits of using digital portfolios in teaching and learning to showcase student learning and demonstrate growth over time
- Identify the different type of student portfolios and their use in teaching and learning
- Make decisions about their digital portfolio structure, components, type of evidences and reflections required by students
- Explore a variety of software tools for the creation of digital portfolios
- Use portfolios as means of alternative assessment
- Plan the use of digital portfolios in your course
Key topics discussed during the four-hour webinar will include:
- Digital Portfolios: Definition, benefits and uses
- Types of Student Porfolios
- Overview of Portfolios: Key principles
- Using Technology: Selecting the right tool
- Structure and Components of a Digital Portfolio
- Selecting and Collecting Quality Artifacts
- Developing Student Reflective Skills
- Using Digital Portfolios to Assess Students
- Examples of Student Portfolios
The webinar is relevant to anyone wanting to explore the use of student digital portfolio in their courses whether for leaning or assessment, this include:
- Educators, Faculty and Teaching Staff working in Higher Education
- Deans Heads of Departments
- Staff working in Teaching and Learning Centers
Dr. Narimane Hadj-Hamou, UAE
Founder and CEO of the Center of Learning Innovations and Customized Knowledge Solutions (Clicks)